This article includes steps to troubleshoot Honorlock working as expected. While simply restarting your computer may solve most issues, below is a list of additional troubleshooting steps that can be taken to resolve issues with more detailed instructions further on on the article if you need additional help.
- Honorlock Help Desk - https://honorlock.kb.help/
- Disabling Chrome extensions - Make sure that the "Proctorio" Chrome extension is disabled.
- Check that Windows is up to date - Make sure your Windows computer has all available Windows updates.
Disabling Chrome extensions
We have seen some Chrome extensions, such as Proctorio, conflict with the Honorlock extension and prevent it from working correctly. Below are steps to resolve that issue.
1. Navigate to the Chrome Extension settings, by clicking the settings menu in Chrome and navigate to the following menu:
2. The page that opens contains all of your extensions. Either disable by clicking on the blue switch, or click "Remove" to remove that extension all together.
These same instructions will apply for any other proctoring extensions that you might have installed.
Note: Do NOT disable the HonorLock extension.
Check that Windows is up to date
1. Click Windows Start. Click Settings.
2. Click Update & Security.
3. Click Check for updates. Follow on-screen instructions. Note: after reboot, repeat this step as many times as necessary until there are no more updates.