1. Create an FSA ID - https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
- If you already have one, please make sure your personal information is up to date.
- If you are a DEPENDENT student, please have a parent create an FSA ID as well.
2. Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - www.fafsa.ed.gov -School Code 016027
- You will use your (and your parents’, if applicable) tax returns to complete application.
o 2018 taxes for your 2020-21 FAFSA.
o 2019 taxes for your 2021-22 FAFSA.
- Print out your confirmation page or save your confirmation email.
- Bring your tax returns to the financial aid appointment
3. Complete a login at Ameritech’s Financial Aid Portal - https://auth.globalfas.com/ssite/2270/
Note: Once you create your account you will need to logout and log back in to complete the next steps. Also, the ISIR received status must indicate YES to move to the next steps.
The following step will be completed in the Ameritech Financial Aid Portal.
4. Complete and submit required documents within the Ameritech Financial Aid Portal.
- Entrance Interview
The Federal Government requires you to complete entrance counseling to ensure that you understand the responsibilities and obligations you are assuming. The purpose of entrance counseling is to help you understand what it means to take out a federal student loan.
- Federal Direct Master Promissory Note (MPN)
The MPN for Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans is a legal document in which you promise to repay your loan(s) and any accrued interest and fees to the U.S. Department of Education. It also explains the term and conditions of your loan(s). The MPN for Grad PLUS loans is a legal document in which you promise to repay your loan(s) and any accrued interest and fees to the U.S. Department of Education. It also explains the term and conditions of your loan(s).
The MPN for Parent PLUS Loans (Dependent students only) is a legal document in which the parent promises to repay their loan(s) and any accrued interest and fees to the U.S. Department of Education. It also explains the term and conditions of your loan(s).
- Accept your Estimated Financing Plan
The estimated financing plan provides a snapshot of what financial aid you are eligible to receive for the current academic year.
- Complete an Annual Loan Acknowledgement form
If this is your first time accepting a federal student loan, you are acknowledging that you understand your responsibility to repay your loan.
If you have existing federal student loans, you are acknowledging that you understand how much you owe and how much more you can borrow.
Other Documents as Assigned
Accept your Financial Aid Award Letter
5. Apply for any additional funding options to cover any unmet need
- Private Loans https://choice.fastproducts.org/FastChoice/home/2270800/1
- Tuition Installment agreement with Ameritech.